Josiahs Scott — Efficiency Consultant
Saving businesses for over 15 Years
Ready to bring efficiency innovation to your team
· 2007-Present – Software Efficiency Consultant, Trainer, & IT Business Owner
· 1999-2003 – Worked for various clients while earning Graphic Design Degree
· 1996-Present – Studying & fixing computers
advice & implementation,
rescuing businesses out of computer crises, etc.
Training: Countless individuals, employees and
groups of all skill levels in computer efficiencyAdobe Software,
(Photoshop, InDesign, etc.). Taught course on how to
make a website (UF
Leisure Course Instructor).
, collaboration, keyboard shortcuts, problem solving, specialty software,
· Support: Automation/scripting, data generation, collection, and analysis, malware removal, fixing software malfunctions & innumerable computer problems, font management, networking, etc.
· Graphic Design: logo design, website design, artistic photo manipulation, artistic product illustration, Graphic Design Portfolio)and other graphic services (See:
· File Management: worked with instructors and fixed major file management catastrophe (established current, correct, and working files, reconfigured entire file structure, removed duplicates, merged archives, re-digitized resources, restored missing files, etc.). course files, fixed and revised content for every course for entire department,
· Syncing Files: desktop backup and update synchronization across numerous laptops for state-wide presentations and workshops.established proper
· PowerPoint: Fixed problems so that files would both print and present correctly. Fixed linked “problem videos” to actually play in PPTs (no one else Helped develop new courses.could figure out how to fix this!). Worked with “Master Pages”, styles, creating engaging animations, slide transitions, audio, etc.
· Graphic Design: managed graphics and tech side of course development. Printed course guides, managed inventory, and some overseeing and delegating work. Used numerous programs incl. PowerPoint, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Photoshop, etc. Created and revised website graphics, company logo, display banners, book covers, custom PPT course files (for printed manuals, presentations, and video demonstrations), some photography, video editing (for online courses), etc.
· Other Duties: Tech Support, moderating exams (certified proctor), and much more.
Employer: Travel Media Group (HotelCoupons.com; Formerly: RoomSaver.com & the Traveler Discount Guide, Gainesville, FL)
· Revised & designed ads for every state in the country for nationally distributed printed coupon travel guide
Although I quickly and effectively learn and teach innumerable programs on a regular basis, the following list represents the major programs I tend to use and teach the most.
· Cross-platform PC & Mac, Android & iOS, etc.
· Productivity / extreme efficiency solutions
· Digital Workflow Efficiency (Software/Computer Process Improvement & Development)
· Computer Automation (putting your PC to work via Coding, Scripting, Macros, GUIs, Scheduling, Configuration, Hotkeys, Hotstrings, etc.)
· AI (esp. decision making)
· Custom Efficiency App Development / Enhancements for Existing Apps
· File Management / Digital Work Flow Management
· Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
· Media Authoring (incl. Graphic Design / most Adobe programs, Photo, Video, Audio, Logo Design, Illustration, Animation, Web, SEO, Print, Page Layout, etc.)
· Voice Recognition / Dictation, TTS (Text-to-Speech), OCR (Optical Character Recognition), etc.
· Countless PC optimization & customization solutions (company-specific & user-specific)
· Software and Hardware Repair
· Bible software (Hebrew, Greek, advanced research/study/writing, & much more)
· AutoHotkey (automate virtually everything), Script Writers, GUI Creators, Notepad++
· Keyboard Shortcuts, key sequences, clicking, selecting, change detection
· Word Macros (VBA)
· Windows Task Scheduler, Startups
· Resolving Duplicate Files: SearchMyFiles, WinMerge, etc.
· Recover Lost Files: Recuva, “Previous Versions”: File Recoverer, ShadowExplorer, etc.
· Finding Large Files: SpaceSniffer, etc.
· File Renamers: Advanced Renamer, Bulk Rename Utility, Wildcard Renamer, FreeCommander, etc.
· Permissions Management: LockHunter, Permissions Time Machine, and a few others (incl. standard Windows settings)
· System Backup: Easeus Todo Backup
VHDs, ISOs, etc.: Windows Computer/Disk Management, Gizmo, and a few others
· Windows “Start” & Explorer Fixes: Classic Shell, Ultimate Windows Tweaker , 7+ Taskbar Tweaker
Synchronization and Backup: FreeFileSync
(LAN, FTP, Versioning, DB Rename & Move Detection, RealtimeSync, etc.),
Syncthing, Resilio Sync , SyncBack (LAN, FTP, Zip, etc.),
[also see: Cloud Storage and Sync Outlook (under Microsoft Office) below]
· Network: Synology, QNAP, and other NAS hardware and software options, managing user permissions, shared files, folders, printers, and devices; used various router configuration interfaces, LAN, WLAN, WAN/VPN, and Bluetooth tools and programs, incl. NetworkChat (LAN), Spiceworks, etc.
· Primarily: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc. (Alt: LibreOffice / Apache OpenOffice (freeware), Thunderbird, and a few others)
Adobe: Photoshop, etc. , Illustrator, InDesign (& Quark Xpress), Dreamweaver , Premiere, Flash, Acrobat
· Audio Editors: Audacity and a few others (incl. various MIDI software options)
· Font Management: NexusFont, AMP Font Viewer , and a few others
· Windows Speech Recognition, Cortana, Dragon Speech Recognition, Google Assistant (Android), Siri (iOS), etc.
· TTSReader (Text-to-Speech Reader)
Adobe Acrobat, OneNote,
Microsoft Office Document Imaging (MODI), etc.
· VirtualBox (Oracle), Windows Virtual PC, working knowledge of VMware
· Main Software: e-Sword (also compare others below)
· Advanced research, study, technical Biblical writing, presentation/teaching/proclamation, & much more
· Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, Latin, and numerous other ancient language source texts, advanced lexicons, study resources, reference works, graphic modules, Church history, and much more
· Other Biblical Software: The Unbound Bible Tools, LaParola, Interlinear Scripture Analyzer, The SWORD Project, theWord, (also CrossWire Bible Society), etc. (This is not to mention many other internet applications and downloads that are also very helpful)
· Cleaning, Maintenance, & Operational Fixes: CCleaner, Defraggler, Soluto, System Mechanic Professional (Iolo) , etc.
· GPS Android/Google: HERE WeGo, Contacts on map, My Location (GPS to contact), Google Earth, Google Maps, etc.
· GPS Devices: Garmin (GPS device), Garmin BaseCamp (advanced GPS route creation PC software), TomTom
· OBDII Software: ScanTool.net, OBD2Spy, (used with Bluetooth “OBD Diagnostics Interface” tool)
· H&R Block, Excel; working knowledge of QuickBooks, etc.
Classes, Leadership, Awards, & Degree
· 4 years in Portfolio Art Honors classes
· UF art show awards include “Best In Show”
GPA: 3.8 (incl. Honors)
Photoshop (digital imaging), 2 classes in Illustrator (computer illustration), Mac/Quark (page layout), Logo Design, 2 classes in Advertising, 2 classes in Web Design, Prepress, 2 classes in Photography, Traditional Illustration Methods, Internship, and Advertising Campaign (comp. Transcript)
· Led design team, presented to large audience , & won Graphic Design Advertising Campaign, then,
· re-presented before prestigious leaders in the League for Innovation
Quick Links to Transcript, Awards, Testimonials, Website, & More
· www.EfficiencyHelp.com/school – Various Awards Received Throughout Schooling Career
· www.EfficiencyHelp.com/deg – SFC Graphic Design Degree, 2003 (JPEG image)
· www.EfficiencyHelp.com/gd – Graphic Design Portfolio (Currently Requires Flash)
· www.EfficiencyHelp.com – Main Business Website (Consultation, Training, Support)
· www.EfficiencyHelp.com/test – Josiahs Professional Services Testimonials Page
· www.EfficiencyHelp.com/respdf – Printer-friendly PDF version of this résumé
· www.EfficiencyHelp.com/res – Get back to the most up-to-date, online version of this résumé