Josiahs Scott — Efficiency Consultant
Saving businesses over a decade
Ready to bring efficiency innovation to your team
· 2007-Present – Software Efficiency Consultant, Trainer, & IT Business Owner
· 2003-Present – Computer Professional (UF, HotelCoupons.com, EfficiencyHelp.com, etc.)
· 1999-2003 – Worked for various clients while earning Graphic Design Degree
· 1996-Present – Studying & fixing computers
advice & implementation,
rescuing businesses out of computer crises, etc.
Training: Countless individuals, employees and
groups of all skill levels in computer efficiencyAdobe Software, (Photoshop,
InDesign, etc.). Taught course on how to make a website
(UF Leisure Course Instructor).
, collaboration, keyboard shortcuts, problem solving, specialty software,
· Support: Automation/scripting, Data generation, collection, and analysis, malware removal, fixing software malfunctions & innumerable computer problems, font management, Networking, etc.
· Graphic Design: logo design, website design, artistic photo manipulation, artistic product illustration, Graphic Design Portfolio)and other graphic services (See:
· File Management: worked with instructors and fixed major file management catastrophe (established current, correct, and working files, reconfigured entire file structure, removed duplicates, merged archives, re-digitized resources, restored missing files, etc.). course files, fixed and revised content for every course for entire department,
· Syncing Files: desktop backups and syncing updates across many laptops for state-wide presentations and workshops. established proper
· PowerPoint: Fixed problems so that files would both print and present correctly. Fixed linked “problem videos” to actually play in PPTs (no one else could figure out how to fix this!). Worked with “Master Pages”, styles, creating engaging animations, slide transitions, audio, etc.
· Graphic Design: managed graphics and tech side of course development. Printed course guides, managed inventory, and some overseeing and delegating work. Used numerous programs incl. PowerPoint, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Photoshop, etc. Created and revised website graphics, company logo, display banners, book covers, custom PPT course files (for printed manuals, presentations, and video demonstrations), some photography, video editing (for online courses), etc.
HotelCoupons.com (Travel Media Group, Gainesville, FL; Formerly: RoomSaver.com & the Traveler Discount Guide)
· Revised & designed ads for every state in the country for nationally distributed printed coupon travel guide
Although I quickly and effectively learn and teach innumerable programs on a regular basis, the following list represents the major programs I tend to use and teach the most.
· Cross-platform PC & Mac, Android & iOS, & most other tablets & phones
· Productivity / extreme efficiency solutions
· Digital Workflow Efficiency (Software/Computer Process Improvement)
· Computer Automation (putting your PC to work via Coding, Scripting, Macros, GUIs, Scheduling, Configuration, Hotkeys, Hotstrings , etc.)
· Custom Efficiency App Development / Enhancements for Existing Apps
· File Management / Digital Work Flow Management
· Media Authoring (incl. Graphic Design / most Adobe programs, Photo, Video, Audio, Logo Design, Illustration, Animation, Web, SEO, Print, Page Layout, etc.)
· Voice Recognition / Dictation, TTS (Text-to-Speech), OCR (Optical Character Recognition), etc.
· Countless PC optimization & customization solutions (company-specific & user-specific)
· Software and Hardware Repair
· Bible software (Hebrew, Greek, advanced research/study/writing, & much more)
· AutoHotkey (automate virtually everything), AutoScriptWriter, Notepad++, Word Macros, Windows Task Scheduler, and many more.
· Resolving Duplicate Files: SearchMyFiles, WinMerge, etc.
· Recover Lost Files: Recuva, “Previous Versions”: File Recoverer, ShadowExplorer, etc.
· Finding Large Files: SpaceSniffer (& TreeSize)
· File Renamers: Advanced Renamer, Bulk Rename Utility, Wildcard Renamer, etc.
· Permissions Management: LockHunter, Permissions Time Machine, and a few others (incl. standard Windows settings)
· System Backup: Easeus Todo Backup
· Mounting VHDs, ISOs, etc.: Windows Computer/Disk Management, Gizmo, and a few others
· Windows “Start” & Explorer Fixes: Classic Shell , Ultimate Windows Tweaker, 7+ Taskbar Tweaker, MultiMon Application,
Synchronization and Backup: FreeFileSync (LAN, Versioning, DB Rename and Move
Detection, RealtimeSync, etc.), Syncthing,
Resilio Sync , SyncBack (LAN, FTP,
[also see: Cloud Storage and Sync Outlook (under Microsoft Office) below]
· Network: Synology, QNAP, and other NAS hardware and software options, managing permissions, shared files, folders, printers, and devices; used various router configuration interfaces, LAN, WLAN, VPN, and Bluetooth tools and programs, etc.
· Primarily: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc. (Alt: LibreOffice, Thunderbird, and a few others)
Adobe: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (and Quark Xpress), Dreamweaver, Premiere, Flash, Acrobat, etc.
· Audio Editors: Audacity and a few others (incl. various MIDI software options)
· Font Management: NexusFont, AMP Font Viewer , and a few others
· Windows Speech Recognition, Cortana, Dragon Speech Recognition, Android, etc.
· TTSReader (Text-to-Speech Reader)
· Many OCR (Optical Character Recognition) solutions to re-digitize paper documents into editable files, incl. Adobe Acrobat, OneNote, Microsoft Office Document Imaging (MODI), etc.
· VirtualBox (Oracle), Windows Virtual PC, working knowledge of VMware
· Main Software: e-Sword (also compare others below)
· Advanced research, study, technical Biblical writing, presentation/teaching/proclamation, & much more
· Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, Latin, and numerous other ancient language source texts, advanced lexicons, study resources, reference works, graphic modules, Church history, and much more
· Digital Bible Module Authoring: e-Sword ToolTip Tool NT, e-Sword Library Manager, and a few others
· Other Biblical Software: The Unbound Bible Tools, LaParola, Interlinear Scripture Analyzer , The SWORD Project, theWord, (also CrossWire Bible Society), etc. (This is not to mention many other internet applications and downloads that are also very helpful)
· Cleaning, Maintenance, & Operational Fixes: CCleaner, Defraggler, , Soluto, System Mechanic Professional (Iolo) , etc.
· Financial: H&R Block, Excel; working knowledge of QuickBooks, etc.
· Navigation / Automotive: (A) GPS Android/Google: HERE WeGo, Contacts on map, My Location (GPS to contact), Google Earth, Google Maps, etc. (B) GPS Devices: Garmin BaseCamp (advanced GPS route creation PC software), Garmin (GPS device), TomTom, (C) OBDII Software: ScanTool.net, OBD2Spy, (used with Bluetooth “OBD Diagnostics Interface” tool)
· 4 years in “Portfolio Art Honors” classes
· UF art show wards include “Best In Show”
GPA: 3.8, (in high school & college degree)
Photoshop (digital imaging), 2 classes in Illustrator (computer illustration), Mac/Quark (page layout), Logo Design, 2 classes in Advertising, 2 classes in Web Design, Prepress, 2 classes in Photography, Traditional Illustration Methods, Internship, and Advertising Campaign
Led group, presented to large audience, and won Graphic Design Advertising Campaign, then re-presented before leaders in the League for Innovation
· College Transcript (1999-2003)
· SFC Graphic Design Degree (2003)
· Graphic Design Portfolio -- ThePersonalComputerTutor.com/graphics
· This résumé is also available as a printer-friendly PDF
· www.TrueConnection.org/res – Quick link that gets you back to the online version of this résumé